TrueLight Energy is a leading, independent retail to wholesale energy services company offering market expertise and financial solutions to competitive retail electric and natural gas suppliers, and to investors, developers, and owners of power generation. We focus on promoting capital efficiency, managing risk and increasing the profitability of our clients through market transparency and expert execution. Our goal is to create value and opportunity as a transformative agent in the emerging new energy economy. TrueLight strives to be at the forefront of a thriving and globally competitive low carbon economy as a leading service provider, innovator and information conduit. We capture and deliver value to our clients due to the changing dynamics and realignment of evolving energy markets around a cleaner energy future.
TrueLight Energy expands wholesale and retail energy market access and capabilities for our clients by providing financial, advisory and transactional support. Despite the different roles of our clients, their needs to enhance their energy market knowledge and leverage wholesale energy market access are similar. TrueLight Energy provides the expert analytical tools, advice and transactional solutions needed in the current energy market landscape.
TrueLight Energy is growing and we need to expand our team. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with solid analytical, operational process management, quantitative and programming skills to help in the development of proprietary research and analytical tools.
In the role of Energy Markets Analyst, a successful candidate would perform the following:
• Produce daily wholesale and retail energy market pricing output and analysis for TrueLight Energy’s client base.
• Collaborate with senior pricing resources and management in the maintenance and daily production of Excel-based wholesale and retail energy market pricing models and analysis.
• Maintain spreadsheet models that simulate wholesale market participant and/or end user bills, based on existing wholesale and retail tariffs.
• Use best practice with respect to daily quality control process and operations documentation of all pricing data sources, assumptions and firm pricing methodologies.
• Utilize wholesale and retail energy utility tariff information to help in the development of daily customer pricing and retail energy load product valuations.
• Maintain daily energy market research on the wholesale and retail power market policies, prices and regulatory trends.
• Support wholesale trading group through reporting, data analysis and model validation.
• Expand and maintain daily research on the current and future state, federal and local incentives relating to renewable energy.
• Work with pricing and programming managers to ensure that the monthly updates to tariffs, pricing models and renewable policies are properly accounted for in the company's daily production schedule of the proprietary analytical tools.
• Ability to train and develop new energy market analysts as we expand our team.
The skills required for this position are:
• 1 to 2 years of experience in wholesale or retail energy industry.
• Undergraduate with concentration in business, mathematics, accounting, engineering, economics, or energy-related discipline.
• Strong technical computer skills, including superior data analysis skills in Excel spreadsheet modeling and development and/or R modeling and analysis..
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with ability to perform ad hoc research, quantification, and reporting.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to quickly grasp, analyze, present, and convert data into actionable information
• Well organized, dependable, punctual, strong work ethic.
• One or more years experience in programming using Java, Ruby or Python or similar will be an advantage, but not required.
• Ability and/or willingness to translate work into a database environment required for compatibility with proprietary software.
• Energetic and with the ability to be resourceful in solving complex problems with little or no internal guidance.
• Excellent communication skills.