Ultimate title and compensation will be determined based on experience and skill level.
This will be a vital role to the growth and success of our unique retail electric business. In this role you will report to the CEO and perform strategic and daily finance and accounting functions to include cash forecasting, settlements, variance analysis, operational and financial accounting and applicable reporting.
We provide an energetic and engaging work environment focused on professional and business growth, where employees are empowered to excel, and excellence is rewarded with further growth opportunities, competitive compensation, performance bonuses, and group benefits. If you are a team player, energetic, bright and driven, and you want to be part of building something great, this is the place for you.
• Understand our business model in order to contribute to strategic planning and operating discussions
• Prepare and ensure settlement accuracy, including necessary reconciliations and variance analysis
• Prepare and ensure proper remittances to the ISO and TDSP Providers, including necessary reconciliations and variance analysis
• Cash Forecasting
• AR and AP Functions
• Month-end financial close processes to include preparation of accruals, and variance explanations for budget to actual and accrual to true-up/actual information, and consolidation of related entities.
• Maintain fixed assets ledger and preparation of monthly depreciation schedules/entries
• Maintain amortization schedules and preparation of monthly schedules/entries
• Preparation of State and Local Taxes
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual financial reporting
• Preparation of monthly reporting for compliance with credit covenants
• Preparation of state and federal energy reports
• Prepare budgets and pro-forma statements
• Manage 3rd party audits
• Assist with the development and implementation of internal controls and related documentation