The Supervisor position has the overall responsibility for managing and directing the day-to-day selling and operations of a team of Business Field Sales Representatives. The Supervisor will work with management to develop, implement and track performance metrics to ensure effectiveness of the organization, people and processes.
The Selected candidate will undertake an extensive training program designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the electric utility industry and the competitive market in the U.S. and provide the skills needed to lead a sales team serving this important group of customers.
Provide leadership to employees who are accountable for acquiring and retaining small and medium business customers (SMB). Supervisor directs teams that are accountable for developing and acquiring new customer acquisitions, maintain current customer retention, and increases revenues.
Responsible for supporting and maintaining sales metrics designed to build loyalty and retain profitable customers.
Serve as Business Sales liaison between the key organizations within the company that support the SMB market segment (i.e Marketing, Account Management, Structured Transactions, Account Service Managers, etc) to ensure that Corporate goals, and initiatives, and customer needs are achieved.
Implement new services developed by the Marketing and Sales organization designed to increase sales and retain customers.
Ensure all employees have the opportunity to develop their skills, abilities and careers through comprehensive training and employee development programs
Support a defined business plan for Business Markets which supports Company goals.
Work closely with the other Supervisors to assess compliance with company policies and procedures
High school diploma or equivalent. College degree a plus
2-5 years supervisory/management of sales teams
Strong analytical work background, 5+ years professional work experience
Demonstrated track record or increased work responsibility
Meet team sales objectives
Manage and coach sales team to exceed their individual sales goals and team objectives
Hire, train and performance manage sales team
Actively participate in recruiting, interviewing, decisions, and hiring efforts to keep sales team fully staffed
Lead presentations and conduct sales training
Conduct field ride along training and coaching of sales team
Understand company processes used by sales and operations to meet audit and review standards
Support planning, coordinating, managing, and allocating resources to achieve monthly goalsResponsibilities:
• Achieve or exceed monthly / annual sales and gains goals through various vendors, teams, markets and term products
• Develop and deploy sales and marketing strategies in compliance with operational and regulatory guidelines while meeting company growth goals and profitability objectives
• Responsible for the on-going search of potential employees and third-party vendors, as well as developing their compensations plans
• Works closely with the Products and P&L teams to monitor product mix, margins and customer incentives to ensure the product suite for the channels are both competitive in the market place while meeting or exceeding profitability requirements
• Lead recruiting efforts to grow their sales teams
• Undergraduate degree in business administration, marketing and/or sales preferred
• Three years of experience in sales management
• Three years of experience in negotiations, sales and delivery of various products -- Business-to-Consumer and/or Business-to-Business (BTC and BTB).
• Energy related sales experience preferred
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities and individuals